Site Home Prospective Students Returning Undergraduates Graduate Students Part-Time Students International Students
International Students Tax Information Other Administrative Offices Contact Aid Advisors Site Map

How to Apply

What Does it Cost?

Paying Your Bill




Student Loans
Parent Loans


Site Map

Paying Your Bill
| Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program

The Student Accounts Office is responsible for student billing. All bills are mailed to the student's permanent address in July for the fall semester and December for the spring semester. Payment is expected three weeks before the beginning of classes. If you begin courses in the summer, payment is due at registration.

Funds from the Federal Direct-Loan Program are credited directly to your student account 10 days prior to the start of classes (if you have returned all the required documents to the Office of Student Financial Services).

Private loan funds are usually disbursed at the beginning of each term. You should notify the Financial Aid Office regarding the disbursement dates for your private loans.

Refund Requests

If your financial aid credits exceed your billed costs, you may request a refund of the credit balance to cover your living and other expenses. You can request a refund check from the Student Accounts Office in Garland, or complete an on-line refund request at Allow at least 7–10 days to receive your check.

If You Reduce Your Courseload

At the beginning of each term, the period up to the last date to add a class or drop a class with a 100 percent refund is considered the registration period. After that date, the Office of Student Financial Services will check students' enrollment for the term. Eligibility rules for Federal Direct Student Loans require students to be enrolled at least half-time as of that date. Credits for federal loan funds will be reversed if the student is not meeting the enrollment requirement.

If You Withdraw

Students who withdraw during an academic term will receive a tuition refund based on the policy specified in the university catalog. The financial aid award will be adjusted based on the actual charges incurred during the semester based on the date of withdrawal and percentage of the term completed. Funds from federal programs will be returned to the Department of Education.


HomeProspective StudentsReturning UndergradsGrad StudentsPart-Time Students
International Students
Tax InfoOther Administrative OfficesContact Aid Advisors Site Map