Site Home Prospective Students Returning Undergraduates Graduate Students Part-Time Students International Students
International Students Tax Information Other Administrative Offices Contact Aid Advisors Site Map

How to Apply

What Does it Cost?

Paying Your Bill




Student Loans
Parent Loans


Site Map

Questions and Answers
| Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program

What type of financial aid can a post bac student receive at Hopkins?
Post-Bac students may apply to the Office of Student Financial Services for federal loans from the Direct Student Loan Program. Post-Bac students may borrow a maximum of $12,500 from the Federal Direct Loan Program. Up to $5,500 of this amount may be from the Subsidized Direct Loan (no interest charged and you must qualify on a need-basis). Supplemental loans are also available from private lenders. You can borrow up to the cost of education less any other financial aid received from these programs.

Is the Post-Bac program considered a graduate program?
No, for financial aid purposes this is a 5th year/other undergraduate program. You must check that box on the FAFSA. If you do not meet the federal requirements for being an independent student, you must include parents' data on the FAFSA.

When should I turn in my financial aid application?
You should complete your aid application at least 2 months before you need the funds.
You must submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If your FAFSA is selected for federal verification, you may also be required to submit a signed copy of your federal income tax return. If applying for a supplemental loan you must contact the lender of your choice directly.

Have I missed the deadline?
There are no hard and fast deadlines, but you must allow a minimum of 2 months from the time you submit your aid application until your loan is disbursed to your account. In the meantime you are responsible to pay any tuition charges that are not covered by other sources yourself. If your charges have been paid, you can receive a refund when the loan is actually credited to your account. Be sure to allow adequate time for your Loans to be processed so you don't run out of money.

How do I get money for living expenses?
If you need student loan funds for living expenses or to buy books, you should complete the FAFSA. The Office of Student Financial Services will determine your eligibility for federal loans. Allow 2 months for loans to be processed and credited to your account. All loan proceeds will first be applied to any tuition charges on your bill. If you have a credit balance remaining after tuition is covered, you can request a refund and use the money for your living expenses. Refunds can be requested from the Student Accounts Office on-line.

What if I have more questions, who do I call?
For financial aid applications and loan eligibility contact:
Office of Student Financial Services
(410) 516-8028

For billing questions contact:
Student Accounts Office at (410) 516-8158



HomeProspective StudentsReturning UndergradsGrad StudentsPart-Time Students
International Students
Tax InfoOther Administrative OfficesContact Aid Advisors Site Map